We are PhishAR, a spin-out company from the University of Oxford. Our goal is to provide the highest level of security using augmented reality (AR) and artificial intelligence (AI) for detecting phishing attacks during authentication and online payments.
Our products are currently being used and evaluated by various international companies and organisations, from banking to education. Our daily engineering work involves building custom state-of-the art computer vision (AI) models, gathering huge datasets, packaging and deploying our core technology onto smartphones and AR headsets, and building applications on those platforms, as well as the supporting backend services.
Being a VC-funded startup that is innovating at the intersection of three rapidly growing tech areas (AI, AR and Security), we expect people joining our team to not only be/strive to be the leading experts in their fields, but also to take initiative and have the potential to actually lead teams of people in the next few months/years.
Generally, we don't expect you to know everything, or have years of experience - we are looking for the potential and the right midset! If you are motivated, fast-learning and eager to work in a rapidly growing environment, do apply!
In this role, we are looking for our first QA. You will get the chance to work daily with our AI, smartphone and AR teams to ensure that our products, technologies, and internal processes are top notch!
- Explore different use cases and report on the performance of our current and developing solutions
- Expand and inspect and manage our current datasets
- Identify any oversights or bugs in the app
- Work closely with other team(s) responsible for the segment where the quality problem occurred in order to resolve it
- Consult with other teams on better operational procedures to improve the overall app quality (provide feedback, suggest improvements)
- Prepare quality evaluation reports for key team members with your recommendations
- Create and execute measurements to track improvement in products
- Work closely with the development team to improve existing products
- Maintain standards for reliability and performance of production
You are the right person for us if you:
- Have a sharp attention to detail and like thinking about the corner cases
- Are proactive and a fast learner
- Are a detail-oriented person with the ability to think about context and the big picture
- Prefer working in a dynamic and challenging environment
- Are a great team player with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Have good communication skills - verbal and written
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Are good at planning and organizing
- Can easily assess goals and identify key priorities
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work on a new and growing international product
- Work on fast-growing technologies in interesting industries (Cybersecurity, AI, Fintech)
- Work on a de facto entirely new branch of technology (AI & AR) in the field of Cybersecurity
- Work in a top team and with various experts from the University of Oxford
- Opportunity for progress and personal development
- Excellent conditions, a competitive salary
- Openness to support non-full-time schedules and student applications